Reporting directly to the Diocesan Finance Officer, the Accountant will be responsible for the accounting operations of the Parishes. The job involves data entry to compute, classify and record numerical data to keep financial records complete for each of the 13 parishes in the Diocese. Operate computers programmed with accounting software; to record, store and analyze information to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. Compile statistical, financial, accounting reports pertaining to cash receipts, expenses, disbursements, receivable and profits and losses.
The candidate will also be tasked with the following:
• Perform daily bank deposits for Diocese of Chalan Kanoa and Mt. Carmel Cathedral.
• Record all collections and daily receipts of the parishes.
• Process requests payment after verifying documentation and approvals.
• Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Perform bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
• Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
• Submit financial reports to the Pastor/Parish Administrator, Parish Finance Council, and Diocesan Finance Officer.
• Assist the Parish Finance Council in the preparation of annual budget of the parishes for submission and approval by the Bishop.
• Monitor the cash position of the parishes.
• Ensure proper safekeeping, custody, control, and disposition of assets.
• Address financial inquiries of parishes.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities of similar nature as instructed by the Finance Officer.
Job Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy (or its equivalent) with 4 to 5 years of experience in the same field.
Compensation: $10.77 per hour. Applicable background checks: CNMI police clearance, education verification, valid driver’s license, employment authorization verification. Clearances are needed no later than the end of 1st month of employment.
Please visit the Curia office of the Diocese of Chalan Kanoa to fill out an application form and submit a resume.
Deadline to apply: August 31, 2017
The Diocese of Chalan Kanoa is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, employing a diverse workforce that promotes a workplace reflective of its community.